This bicycle clay may not suitable for kids below 10 years old because I am using wire and cutter.
Tools & Materials:
Steps to make bicycle clay:
- Cut the wire to about 5 - 6 centimeter. Make 8 equal length.
- Take the two wires and make a cross. Tie them together with black thread. Make two crosses.
- Join the two crosses with black thread again. Please see the second picture for your reference.
- Roll black clay to 2 small ball shapes, flatten it lightly and paste it on the middle of the wire. It will cover the black thread on both sides.
- Wrap the perimeter of the wire with your thread to get the estimated length of the wheel.
- Roll your black clay to a spaghetti shape with diameter about 0.5 - 1 centimeter.
- You have the wheel now. Make another one in the same way.
- Let it dry in room temperature.
- Next, roll the red color clay (or other color if you like) to a spaghetti shape and flatten it to about 2 -3 millimeter thick.
- Cut this to about 1/3 of the wheel length and paste it on to it with glue.
- Do this for the other wheel too.
- Let's make the handle bar and the handle post that looks like a fork.
- Cut your wire and shape it like the above.
- Join the two wire shapes with floral tape.
- Cover the wire with red clay.
- Paste both ends of the headset fork to the center of the front wheel with glue.
- You'll need another fork shape for the back wheel, seat post and the middle bar.
- Cut the wire and bend it to form the shape like the one in the picture and then cover the wire with clay again.
- Joint both ends of the fork to the center of the back wheel and the other end to the front wheel.
- For the seat, roll your black clay to a ball shape and then triangle shape and insert this to the seat post.
- You can add the crank & pedal now and also top bar connecting the front wheel to the seat post to stiffen your bicycle clay.
- Lastly, I add black clay to cover the handle.
The bicycle figurine is ready now. If you make a bike following this tutorial we want to see your work. Please share your picture using the submission form below or post it to our Facebook page.
We've just uploaded our mini bicycle video tutorial. You'll see us making the bike without wire here.
Other ride-on clay ideas:
It's a favorable item for vintage style wedding cake topper. Happy to share our simple shape vespa tutorial for your idea.
My First Scooter
It's made for keepsake and souvenir for any kids who loved and ever played with it. Nice for birthday cake topper.
| Home | ^Top of the Page |
Print This Tutorial
Do you like Clayitnow?
Please click "LIKE" button to let us know and to encourage us to continue sharing our ideas and tutorials.