Cupcakes for Mum
Cupcakes for Mum? or Mom? Well....if you are in US you'll say Mom. I use Mum because I live in Australia. How do you call your mother?
Anyway, I hope these miniature cupcakes will bring smiles to mothers who receive it as a gift on Mother's day.
Let's have fun making these cupcakes.
Tools & Materials:
Steps to Make Cupcakes for Mum:
- I used light brown clay for my cake. You can use dark brown for chocolate flavor or kind of light yellow clay for vanilla cake flavor.
- Start rolling the clay to a basic ball shape and then make a teardrop shape to about 1 inch or 2.5 cm length.
- Cut the sharper end with clay knife.
- Make few lines around the cake.
- I used white, pink and yellow clay colors for frosting.
- Roll the clay to a ball shape and then press the middle part with clay ball tool or your index finger.
- Apply a little bit of glue to the top of the cake and paste the frosting.
- Leave it to air dry.
- I used purple and green clay color for the 2 "M" letters.
- Start with rolling the clay to a ball shape again and then flatten it with rolling pin.
- Cut the 4 side of the clay round shape. You can have a perfect rectangular or slightly tapered rectangular shape.
- Make a triangle shape cutting on top and the inverted triangle shape at the bottom.
- Smooth the side of the M letter and adjust the shape as you like.
- I used orange clay color for "U" or some of you might want to have and "O".
- Roll the clay to a ball and then teardrop shape. For an "O", you can roll the clay to an ellipse instead of a teardrop shape.
- Poke the middle part of the clay with your clay tool, and make a hole that continuous to the side of the teardrop (or ellipse).
- Paste the letters to the cake frosting.
- Sprinkle the top of the cake with multicolored scrap clay.
Cupcakes for mum is done now.
Did you make this cake figurine following our tutorial? We would love to hear from you. Please submit your picture using the submission form below or post your picture to our Facebook page.
I've found some books are inspiring. These may give you ideas to develop your own design.
Other Mother's Day Craft ideas:
| Home | Valentine's Day | Christmas |
Print This Tutorial
Do you like Clayitnow?
Please click "LIKE" button to let us know and to encourage us to continue sharing our ideas and tutorials.