I Love You
Valentine's Day Craft
Saying I love you is easy but some people not used to say it loudly. Probably giving someone a present with these words would be easier. Let the gift speaks for itself :)
Recently I made a Valentine's day craft from salt dough and cold porcelain clay and jewelry beads with those 3 magic words.
If you send your loved one traditional Valentine's gift like chocolates and flowers, I would suggest you to slip in your craft in the card's envelope. Don't forget to tell the recipient that it is handmade - made with love. Sweet, isn't it?
Let me share the steps to make I love you Valentine's day craft.
Steps to make "I love you" Valentine's craft"
- Salt dough for base
- Cold porcelain clay for heart and words (use red and black clay color)
- Jewelry bead (heart shape stone would be ideal), pearl, jewelry pins
- Stainless steel wire
- Round cookie's cutter
- Wire cutter and round nose pliers
- Drinking straw
- Glue stick and gun
- Magnet or ropes
- First of all, make the base from salt dough. Start with ball shape clay, flatten it and cut with round cookie's cutter.
- Make a hole with drinking straw. You can have two holes if you want to hang the piece later on.
- Let it dry. You can bake your salt dough or let it dry in room temperature which will take about 3-4 days depend on the size and thickness of the clay.
- Make the heart now. I prefer cold porcelain clay than salt dough for the heart because it's smoother and nicer. But, you can make your heart from salt dough if it is easier for you.
- You can then make an "I" and "U" from black color clay.
- Use your round nose pliers to curl up the wire to big oval shape and insert it to the hole in round clay base.
- Start decorating your craft piece with pearl, heart shape gem or other accessories you have.
- When the heart dry, paste it to the clay base. I use glue gun and glue stick.
- Also, paste the magnet at the back of the clay base.
- If you prefer to hang this craft, insert the rope or ribbon to the other hole in the clay base.
Enjoy your craft!
Other Craft Ideas for Valentine's Day:
| Home | ^ Top of the Page |
Print This Tutorial
Do you like Clayitnow?
Please click "LIKE" button to let us know and to encourage us to continue sharing our ideas and tutorials.