Sheep Clay Figurine
Our sheep clay figurine might not look like the real sheep as you know. Indeed! But it's showing (again) that we are free to express our thought and imagination in our clay creations.
I tried to capture the character of the animal which was crafty, warm, tasteful and intuitive according to Chinese zodiac in my figurine design :)
Follow my tutorial if you like and share the picture with us by filling up "share your craft" form below this page.
So, how to make sheep clay figurine?
- Start by rolling your air dry clay to a cone shape and press lightly the part close to the top. Please check out our clay basic shapes if you are not sure.
- Use your handmade texture tool made of toothpicks to create the fur.
- Make 4 legs using different clay colors. Start by rolling the clay to a small ball, and then to a cone shape and flatten one side of the cone. Wrap the wire with clay and insert the wire to the cone shape. Leave it until the clay dry and hard.
- Insert the legs to the body. Adjust the leg position and direction as you like for different expression.
- Roll small white clay to a ball shape and use your handmade texture again. Next, wrap the wire (length about 2 centimeter) with clay and insert one of the end to the small ball and the other end to the back of the body.
- Let's make the head and face now. Roll your clay to a cone shape and flatten the top part.
- Cut the narrow side and make smile line.
- Next, roll red clay to a small ball clay, flatten it and cut to half for the tongue.
- Next, we'll be making the eyes, horn and nose.
- Make two small white balls, flatten it and paste them to the head. Make two small black clay for the eye balls or you can use black marker to draw the eye balls.
- Roll a small white ball again for the eye lids, flatten it and cut to two. Bend it lightly and paste it on top of the eye ball.
- Roll two pipe clay shapes to about 5 centimeter or 2 inches, sharpen one of its end and press it lightly. Use toothpick or clay knife to draw lines on top of it. Curl the pipe and paste it to the top of the head.
- Add a little bit of hair in between the horns.
- Add the nose. Initially I use black clay for the nose but then I change it to white clay to make the face look softer.
Print This Tutorial
You might also like:
Do you like Clayitnow?
Please click "LIKE" button to let us know and to encourage us to continue sharing our ideas and tutorials.
Share your craft
Do you make your craft? Share it!