Candy Clay Recipe
Use this candy clay recipe to make an edible clay. It is suitable for kids above 3 years old up to grandparents.
Preparation time: 45 minutes
Tools & Materials
- Measuring cups and spoon
- Spatula or knife
- Paper towels
- Baking/ wax paper
- 1/3 cup (80 g) light corn syrup
- 1/3 cup (80 g) soft margarine
- 600 g caster sugar/ powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon (3 g) Salt
- 1 teaspoon (5ml) Flavor (Vanilla extract, etc.)
Steps to make Candy Clay
- Mix margarine, corn syrup, salt and your choice of flavor in a mixing bowl using hands.
- Pour in caster sugar and knead the dough until smooth
- Continue adding sugar if necessary to make this edible clay more pliable.
- That's it! your candy clay is ready.
Candy Clay Recipe Tips
- Separate clay into small portions and add in food coloring to your choice with spatula or knife.
- Place the colored clay on to baking/wax paper when working with it.
- Before placing your creations on a cake or cupcake, make a layer of butter cream frosting and frost your cake first.
- Avoid making the clay on a very hot day because the butter will melt and your clay will be sticky.
Did you make this clay? What crafts you've made? We would love to see your creations. Please share your picture with us using the submission form below or post it to our Facebook page.
No Cook Play Dough
This type of modeling material is best for kids at any ages even as young as 1 year old. But, supervision is always good when baby and toddler playing with it.
You need only about 15 minutes to make this type of dough. However, this quick and easy clay may not dry well depends on the humidity level and climate in your home country.
Read more for No Cook Play Dough...
I like soapy clay for its fragrance. The soap added to the clay ingredients will help to preserve your model. And, it will dry hard. Good clay to make souvenirs!
Read more for Soapy Clay recipe...
This type of modeling material will dry hard like stone after sometimes. It's easy to make but the texture won't be as smooth as others. Ideal for hanging decorations for Christmas tree, etc.
Read more for Salt Dough recipe...
Print This Page
Cold Porcelain Clay
I love cold porcelain clay and compared to other modeling clay recipes, this clay has the most variations. You may have your own version too.
This is my best clay to make wedding or birthday cake toppers, favors and souvenirs.
Read more for Cold Porcelain Clay recipe...
Do you like Clayitnow?
Please click "LIKE" button to let us know.
Share your clay recipe
Do you have clay recipe you like most? Share it!