Candy Clay Recipe
Use this candy clay recipe to make an edible clay. It is suitable for crafting with kids above 3 years old up or grandparents. You'll keep everyone at home busy crafting basically :)
Sure everyone stays at home during holiday season would be occupied and feel rewarding when finish playing with candy clay.
It's also good to decorate your dining table with related festive ornaments.
Tools & Materials
- Measuring cups and spoon
- Spatula or knife
- Paper towels
- Baking/ wax paper
- 1/3 cup (80 g) light corn syrup
- 1/3 cup (80 g) soft margarine
- 600 g caster sugar/ powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon (3 g) Salt
- 1 teaspoon (5ml) Flavor (Vanilla extract, etc.)
Steps to make Candy Clay
- Mix margarine, corn syrup, salt and your choice of flavor in a mixing bowl using hands.
- Pour in caster sugar and knead the dough until smooth
- Continue adding sugar if necessary to make this edible clay more pliable.
- That's it! your candy clay is ready.
Candy Clay Recipe Tips
- Separate clay into small portions and add in food coloring to your choice with spatula or knife.
- Place the colored clay on to baking/wax paper when working with it.
- Before placing your creations on a cake or cupcake, make a layer of butter cream frosting and frost your cake first.
- Avoid making the clay on a very hot day because the butter will melt and your clay will be sticky.
Did you make this clay? What crafts you've made? We would love to see your creations. Please share your picture with us at this page or post it to our Facebook page.
| Home | ^Back To Top Of Candy Clay Recipe | Next Recipes |
Please LIKE, SHARE and SUBSCRIBE to support my channel.
Share your craft
Do you make your craft? Share it!